Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Me

Alexis Gonzalez
English- 1st

Well, as you already know, I am a thriving "starving" artist. Whenever I have free time I tend to sketch
a lot and I cover most of my stuff with my artwork. I tend to think creatively and have everything look colorful. Knowing the passion I have towards artwork and for the people who support me on Deviantart (a website where anybody can display their artwork), I want to strive to become an animator. On the side from my drawings, I also enjoy reading as a side hobby. I have a small library in my room filled with books, most of them written by James Patterson. Another side career I would like to have in the future is becoming a writer and have readers crave for my stories. I already have a few stories written out, the only challenge is to being able to end the story. There are times when I get writers block a lot to the point where I just can't continue my stories.

I'm also a huge fan of Batman. I have been for quite a few years, collecting comic books whenever I get the chance to go to Barnes and Nobles or a comic book shop. I would also collect figures if I could, but I'm quite low and horrible at saving money that I could never be able to buy a Batman collectible. It makes me cry deep in the inside. However, for my huge fandom on Batman, I had took under a username of AlexisBatman because why not? It has a really nice ring to it, and most people that I'm close to call me AlexisBatman. I hope it won't bother you in any way if I draw the Batman logo by my name because I will be constantly doing that.

To be honest, I have been quite scared of entering a new year in Whitney Young because of my previous freshman year that has discourages me a lot. I am not trying to get deep and personal here, but let's just say I was depressed for quiet a while and I thought, "Wow, I think my artwork isn't good enough for the world to see." Thanks to being your class, I have a new view of myself and I feel like this is going to be a good year. This might not be my weekend, but it will be my year (song reference...I  like to listen to a lot of inspiring songs). When I heard you tell me that "Please say that the world needs art," I was quite a bit shocked to hear that. I was a bit nervous at first when I entered your classroom because I am the shy and quiet student but I'm striving to break out of my shyness this year. You have tremendously helped me when you told me that because for once I feel like I can express myself in class and my opinions would not be invalid. I hope that this English class will be as fun as I think it will be with a bit of a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment