Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ernest Hemingway's Special

To be honest, I'm not quite too sure of what I think about this topic. Ernest Hemingway seems to be a respected writer because of his work, and I admire that. However, although the world, back when he was alive, praise him for his work, I just can't do the same thing. When I hear about Hemingway, I see a man who's had a rough life and was in for full-blown emotions that made his work stand out. I enjoy the way that he's able to write all of these stories based on his life. Still, Hemingway had too many wives, and although most people nowadays would think of that as someone as a player, that's not the case. Based on the documentary, Hemingway has lacked the love that he's possibly needed from his parents and he tried to get that from many woman yet it prove to be worthless. He could've thought that if I had this girl, then maybe she will give me enough love to fill the void inside me. Then again, who knows what Hemingway was thinking? He was probably misunderstood and possibly needed help from a counselor to get him through. He's been to war, his father die of suicide, one of his wife died from a disease, that's enough to tip a man to his limits an have him commit suicide as well. Yet, Hemingway proved to be a strong man who had a passion to getting up early and writing. I'm sure he enjoyed his job, because people wouldn't try to please the audience and get up at 5 A.M just to start writing novels. I believe Hemingway is his own unique and special person who could have been suffering from depression, yet he was able to make his life the fullest.  Whether it was seeing bull fighting, going to the safari expedition, or even fishing everything is recreated as a vivid picture in his stories.

1 comment:

  1. What you thought about Hemingway is starting to make me rethink who he is to me. I like how you decided to focus on the biographical aspect of him rather than his writing style.

    ReplyDelete